Search

Monday, June 1, 2009

A Review of Perfect Body Plan

by Jeff Woolberry, contributing author

perfect body plan book cover

Last night, as I was finishing my third helping of apple pie, I made two very important realizations. The first was that apple pie tastes really good, and the second was that I need to get off my lazy butt and get into shape!

Luckily a friend had recently pointed my towards a new ebook called Perfect Body Plan, which was supposed to help me get healthy and in shape. I went ahead and ordered it right there and then. (And since it was an ebook, I was able to download it immediately. Talk about instant gratification!)

I'm glad I ordered the thing. First of all, it's 97 pages long. That's pretty long, because the whole thing was packed with worthwhile advice. It wasn't a lot of BS like some books. It was almost fun to read.

Fortunately this book is not about achieving "the" perfect body but instead "your" perfect body. That's because you want to look a certain way, and that is the way you should look!

There are three parts to the book, so here is a summary of each:

Part I: Knowledge Building


This is the part where you learn about the "why" of dieting and "how" everything works. It reveals the truth behind dieting, from why typical diets never seem to work, why the "tried and true" methods are the best way to go, animations of muscle groups of the body, why you should go to the gym, why you should work out at home, importance of streching, warming up, and cooling down, etc.

All the advice makes sense and they even throw in real life examples. For instance, they give a few reasons why diets usually don't work, which is mainly because people go about it all wrong. Now I certainly know what to watch out for!

Motivation is covered, and that is certainly important, because if you're not motivated, nothing will get done.

Luckily there are lots of self-improvement principles, because I need some help cutting out the apple pie! I think I can do it though, now that I'm prepared.

Now the book gets into exercises, covering both resistance training (weight lifting) if you want to bulk up and cardio, which will help you lose weight and get skinny. So whatever goal you have, just pay more attention to that section (not that it would hurt to consider both.)

Multiple pages of how-to instructions are included for each exercise. Exercises range from typical stuff like push-ups to a lot of things I've never heard of. The exercises are categorized by what muscles they work, which is wonderful.

Sometimes you really want pictures, though, and unfortunately this book does not have any pictures or images to demonstrate the exercises. That's pretty important information, because if you're new to exercise and especially weight training, improper form can result in injuries.

While I understood the majority of the instructions, I'm not totally sure if I'm performing each exercise correctly. I might ask someone at a gym to critique my form, just to be safe.

Once you've learned the exercises, you get another chart, which tells you where you should "feel the burn" for each exercise. That sure comes in handy.

Finally there is a section on stretching, warming up, and cooling down. All of those things are very important to your workout, too!

Also important are "tools of the trade," such as a pedometer and heart rate monitor. They allow you to workout at the right pace so you get the most benefit. There's a complete introduction to these tools in the book.

The diet and nutrition section is nice too. It has a general overview of what foods to eat and why. There is also mention of calories and metabolism, including a way to figure out how many calories you need each day.

Part II: The Perfect Body Plans


Here are all the actual plans. There are 8 in the book, so surely one will fit your needs.

Plans range from general fitness to specific fat-loss workout plans. Not to mention the "Ultimate Fat-Loss Workout Plan" and "The 'Big and Ripped' Workout Plan." Of course there is one for getting six-pack abs, too!

For each you get a short, printer-friendly workout chart in addition to the detailed instructions for each exercise. Most of the routines last 30-45 minutes, which is great if you have a busy schedule. (Who doesn't??)

Part III: Putting It All Together


In this section you learn how to construct your own plan, if you want to adapt the plans to your individual situation. That will make it easiest to meet your goals.

The best part of all though, is probably the magic trick at the end! It's simple yet powerful, and could make a vast improvement in your training! (You'll have to buy the book to see what it is, though.)

The bottom line


This book covers just about everything you could want to know about losing weight and getting in shape, minus the BS. It's a bit pricey, but it contains everything you need in one place. And you can't put a price on your health, can you?

So if you need to get in shape but don't know how to get started, this book will take you through the ins and outs of health and fitness.

Plus, there is an 8-week money back guarantee, so if you don't like it, you can easily get a full refund. I'm glad I bought my copy, so I bet you'll be happy too.

Where to buy: www.PerfectBodyPlan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment